Thank you for accessing mhiwindows.com website operated strictly by Metropolitan Home Improvement LLC DBA Metropolitan High Performance Windows. We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information.
- What personally identifiable information is collected, how we collect it, and with whom it may be shared under any circumstance.
- The steps we have taken to secure your personal information including the security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- Your options regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information you have provided to the Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
1. Information Collection.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this Site. We only have access to information that you voluntarily give us via email, chat or other direct contact from you. We will never sell or rent this information to anyone.
- Registration. In order to use certain parts of any Site, a user must first complete and online registration form. During registration, a user will be prompted to provide certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products or services on our Site in which you have expressed an interest.
- Orders. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (such as name and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number and billing address). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
- Cookies. Like most sites, ours employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize your access privileges and track your site usage. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive used to help improve the user experience on our site. Web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a page on the Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. Usage of a cookie or web beacon is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site; they cannot be used to gain access to a user’s confidential information.
- Age. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. By entering information on the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
2. Information Disclosure.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding your registration for information about our products or services. We will not share any personally identifiable information with any third party or outside organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order. Unless you opt out, we may contact you via email in the future to tell your about specials, new products or services.
- Sharing. We may share aggregated demographic information with third-party advertising companies to help tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. Any information that these third parties collect using cookies or web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by this Site and cannot identify any individual person.
- Exceptions. We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (a) permitted or required by law; or, (b) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (c) investigating fraud which has already taken place. Your information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposed.
- Links. This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
3. Online Advertising We Use
Metropolitan High Performance Windows uses Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on visiting our website by placing a cookie on your device. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to identify a person who visited our website and shows ads relating to windows and doors. Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
CHILDREN’s ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
We use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your information. When your submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Online. The Site incorporated physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”). Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
- Offline. We also protect your information offline. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for billing or customer service) are granted access to your information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Additional Measures. We rely on [employ] third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit the Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future communication from this Site at any time. Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) express any concern you have about our use of your data. You can contact us by email or by phone 800-995-8878.
Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.